Friday, March 18, 2011

NO skin is Bad skin! even ACNE!

AHHHH!!! I HAVE ACNE!

 MY STORY 
You are not alone since I was in 9th grade i've been experiencing breakouts but not quite acne. Until my senior year after then its gotten worse even more when I was attending esthetics school. I've tired Neosporin which worked okay until I got tired of it. I used Clinic's acne line for about a whole month but didn't see results so I stopped. After that I used a line my cousin, also an esthetician, was using in her spa called Phytomer which still wasn't working for me. For a while I was using an aloe plant we had in our backyard everyday it helped but I still continued to breakout. I then began to try different house remedies from eggs masks to tomato, kiwi, honey and oatmeal, and the list goes on. None helped 




once I started esthetics school I began to knowledge myself about the skin and product knowledge. The products we used were Dermalogica, and Bio Elements. I bought the acne line from Dermalogica I started to see results but then my face became severely inflamed I couldn't touch it at all. Until one day we had guest speakers known as Aesthetics International. The line their esthetician used was AYUR Medic. I bought the acne kit and within a couple of days my pustules were no longer inflamed or hurting me. I was using that line for about 3 months but yet again acne conquered. Then I started to question all the lines I used. I was using all of them very religiously, and following directions but what could be the reason for inefficiency. I started to research and read all the ingredients the all lines had salicylic acid, glycolic acid, alcohol, and other harsh ingredients. I then came up with my own theory all the lines think that you have to use such strong active or non active ingredients to kill the bacteria. Which only causes more breakouts because your over exfoliating, and aggravating the corneocytes. So with that I still used AYUR Medic's Calming Cleanser to remove my makeup and as a 2nd cleanse a Salicylic wash. I'd tone my face with cold water to bring it back to its natural pH. After I spot treated 5% Benzoyl Peroxide on my pimples. Then applied an oil free moisturizer by Dermalogic called Active moist. I did this for about 3 weeks. I saw results my acne reduced ALOT! I was longer inflamed. Thank god lol I would still get pimples but minimal just had acne scarring. My next conclusion is now how to perfect my skin routine. I decided since the 5% Benzoyl Peroxide was too drying. I found that 2.5% works just as great without drying my skin out. As I still did my research I came upon this website Acne.org about a guy since 12 struggled with acne. My theory and his were very similar. So with that when it comes to acne you have to be very gentle almost like you have sensitive skin. I just started using his acne line yesterday. I'm going to use every last drop of it. I have strong hopes I will see results either way I will let you guys known if it works or not. So wish me luck :) 

CONCLUDING!!!!!!

WHAT IS ACNE?  A.) Acne is a condition recognized by small infection spots either numerous or sparse. Skin with acne(acne vulgaris) is very oily, has many blackheads, and whiteheads. Blackheads(comedones) are masses of harden sebum(oil) that builds up in the hair follicle. Whiteheads(pustule) is an inflamed papule with pus. Acne is not a disease on the surface of the skin. Dermatologist are not quite sure to what cause acne and the cure but their theory is there's more oil production, hormonal imbalances, hyperkeratinization, and an overpopulation of a bacteria called Propionibacterium acnes(P. acnes). 

WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?



HOW CAN I CURE IT?  A.) To cure something is to get rid of it forever. However, with acne there is no cure but you can prevent future breakouts. The most effective products to use are ones with ingredients that regulate oil gland secretion, hydrate, heal, balance the skin's pH, soothe, reduce inflammation, are antibacterial, and gently exfoliate excessive layers of corneocytes(skin cells).  

WHAT PRODUCTS SHOULD I USE THEN?  A.) Your going to need a cleanser, toner, 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide,and a moisturizer. If your a woman your going to need two cleanser so add a cleanser that takes off makeup. When it comes to looking for products look for these words
  • Oil-Free
  • Non-Comedogenic  
  • Fragrance Free
  • Dermatologist tested
  • Soap-Free
 Avoid these ingredients 
  • Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)- It strips the skin's natural barrier, and causes irritation. 
  • Sodium Laureth Sulfate- Is not as harsh but still should be avoided. If the ingredient is the 3 or 4 ingredient don't use but if its further down the list of ingredients it should be okay to use. 
  • Scrubbers- AVOID ALL BEADS, SCRUBS, SUGARS, SEEDS,and ANYTHING GRAINY LIKE!!!! - Unless you have non-inflamed acne such as it doesn't hurt or red and there's no pustules. If you get blackheads ONLY it would be okay, unless AVOID ENTIRELY. 
  • Scents- Yes, they smell good but aren't good for your skin they're irritating.  
  • Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Myristal Myristate.
 Check out Acne.org products heres the website to order http://www.danielkern.com/ . Its 100% safe, grantee money back, vegan, and environmentally responsible. If not I've looked up some other drugstore products. 
  • $6.49 CVS Clear Skin Foaming Cleanser with 0.5% Salicylic acid but still gentle enough for sensitive skin.
  • $9.99 Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash (great makeup remover)
  • $6.97 Neutrogena Triple-Action Toner Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 8 fl oz 
  • $9.97 Neutrogena(R) Combination Skin Oil Free Moisture 4 Fl Oz 
  • $9.97 Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture, SPF 35, 2.5 oz 
  • $11.99 Avalon Organics Coq10 Perfecting Facial Toner
  • $17.99 Alba Oil-Free Moisturizer Aloe & Green Tea
  • Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser
  • Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Wash 
  • $6.97 Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Deep Clean Astringent, 6oz
  • $7.47 Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Deep Pore Wash, 6oz 
  • $6.97 Alba Botanica Natura Acnedote Invisible Treatment Gel, 0.5oz 
SPOT TREATMENT- BENZOYL PEROXIDE 2.5%
    
AVOID 5% & 10%

I've found this benzoyl peroxide at CVS. Make sure to use it all over your face gently. 
  • $4.29 CVS Acne Treatment Vanishing Formula 
I hope this was very helpful. Feel free to ask me questions. 
Email: suzettevaldezMUA@yahoo.com 
Follow me on Twitter: suzetteMUA


                                                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment